Monday, February 24, 2014

31 Weeks

I either have a touch of a cold or exhaustion has come back.  I guess I'm hoping it's a cold?  I went to bed at 8:50 on Saturday and 9:00 yesterday.  I didn't even stay up to watch any of Downton!  (I did watch 2/3s of it during nap time.)


Last week I forgot to write about my 29 week appointment.  As of then, I'd gained 20 lbs.  The doctor thinks she is head down, and I agree.  I feel most of the kicks pretty high.  I'd be at 2 week appointments now, but my doctor is on vacation this week so I don't have to go back until next Tuesday.  That's okay by me!

I've mostly been wearing a few new maternity items I've bought and a small hand-full of things from before.  This weekend I got everything out of my maternity bin and tried a lot on.  It's baffling to me, but most of it is HUGE.  I'm not really that much smaller than I was with Tillie, but I have two pairs of pants from her that work(and they're not very flattering).  I found two short sleeved tops, but I don't love them anymore.  I don't really want to buy any more clothes, so get used to seeing me in the same outfits again and again the next 9 weeks!  Also, I feel like a hypocrite, but I've embraced leggings as pants.  I know.  It goes against everything I stand for, but at least I'm wearing them with tunics that just cover my butt, right?

My ankles started swelling at exactly 7 months with Tillie.  They didn't swell at all with Teddy.  If it's a girl thing for me and it follows the same pattern, that will be Friday.  I'm hoping it was just being on my feet at J. Crew that caused it.

I set up a baby guessing game.  Here are some "clues":  Tillie was 10 days early and Ted was 4 days early.  I was born 2 weeks early and Tim was 1 day early. Tim was 8lbs 2oz, I was 6lbs 13oz, Tillie was 6lbs 15oz and Ted was 7lbs 6 oz.  Happy guessing!  The reigning champions are my sister-in-law Amy and my cousin Cara.

No comments: