Monday, August 3, 2009

Cat Eyes

Last night Tillie went to bed at 9:20, Tim went to bed at 10:15 and I went to bed at 11:00. Since everyone else was in bed, I had to turn out all the lights that were on. The last light is right outside my bedroom. It was dark in there and my eyes hadn't adjusted to the darkness yet. It was pitch black and I quietly fumbled my way to the bed so I wouldn't wake Tillie.

It reminded me of something Kizie said when she was little. As many of you know, my sister loves animals. She was an avid fan of Animal Planet. One early morning she woke up and said, "I have cat eyes. I can see in the dark." I think she truly believed she had cat eyes.

There's a lot of things we believe or don't really understand when we're little. I wonder all the time what Tillie is thinking.

My biggest misunderstanding? Patchy fog. Living out in Moline, we drove through a lot of foggy areas it seemed. I liked to watch the weather in the morning to see what it would be during the day. (Okay, I still do.) When I was in upper elementary I was watching on a day when there was a forecast for patchy fog. The problem is, I heard it as Apache Fog. So, I called it Indian Fog. I really thought it was called Apache Fog. My dad never corrected me because he thought I knew and was just being cute.

Yeah... for some reason I didn't realize that it wasn't called Patchy Fog and not Apache Fog until I was in High School. Smooth...



A little vintage Kizie from around the "Cat Eye" era.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: