Monday, December 31, 2012

Year in Pictures

January:  It was warm.  This is Tim doing yard work on the 7th.  No, not snow shoveling, weed whacking.

February: It was another warmer than normal month.  We did spend more time taking walks outside, but we also played inside with old toys.  Teddy stopped taking a bottle; I spent a lot of time feeding him.

March:  You'll never believe it, but there were above average temps again.  Teddy spent most of the month wearing the 4 out of season rompers I had in 3-6m.  I'm really glad I had them!

April:  We went on our first real family vacation.  We traveled with my dad's family to the Outer Banks in North Carolina.  The Wright Brothers weren't messing around.  It really is windy there.

May: My sweet girl turned three.  We celebrated by having a bajillion people over on a rainy day.  (It may have been more like 22.)

June: I'm sure no one saw this coming, but we moved to Camp for a month or so after school got out.  Another month of high temps all while staying in a non-air-conditioned apartment.  We ate a lot of popsicles.

July: We were still at camp for half the month.  It was too hot to carry Teddy around, so they both spent a lot of time in the Chariot.  Thankfully they seem to enjoy each other's company.  I'm overwhelmed by their cuteness every time I look at this picture.  Two ridiculously darling kids who like each other.  I'm doing something right.

August: We did a lot of fun things in August including Big Star Lake, the Children's museum, 2 zoos and Grand Haven.  At Binder Park Zoo, Teddy fed a giraffe.  Like a boss.

September:  Tillie started school.  It's still weird to me that I do the preschool run twice a week.

October: Ted-Ted celebrated his first birthday!  We invited all the same people and then some as Tillie's party earlier in the year.  Thankfully the weather was perfect so we could party in the backyard.

November: In July I started counting calories to be healthier and lose some weight.  By the beginning of November I'd lost 25lbs.  I stopped the diet for one week when I was pregnant, but started again soon after we lost the baby. I'm currently at 31lbs lost.

December: This was my first holiday season in 8 years where I wasn't working retail.  It's amazing how busy I still was, but there was a lot more time for fun too.  Last week we went to the Grand Rapids public museum and Yesterdog for lunch, just because we could.  It was Teddy's first visit to both locations.  He slept through most of lunch. (Yes, hot dogs do have a lot of calories.  I haven't been very strict over Christmas and it shows.  But, c'mon.  You try and resist a Cheddardog.)

It's been a pretty good year.  We're looking forward to 2013.

No comments: