Monday, October 1, 2012

National Sewing Month

September was National Sewing Month and I actually did more sewing than I'd done all year!  I made the book sling, bunting and a dress for a friend's daughter.  No, not a lot, but it was still an improvement over every other month this year.

The dress was one of my favorites.  Shortly after I graduated college Urban Outfitters graphic tees were all the rage.  I had a number of them.  In August when I was getting ready for my garage sale I came across one of them that never made the donate/sell pile.  I took one look at it and knew exactly what I was going to do with it.  Mabel was getting an upcycle for her birthday.*

I went with a simple color-blocking style.  Currently trendy, and little room for mistakes.  I considered some ruffles, but I kind of like the mod look.

I made Tillie try it on to make sure I didn't have any crazy sizing errors.

It's a 2t, so it's a little short for Tillie.  The good news is that it also looks cute with leggings!

*Mabel's grandparents live in New Jersey.  It's where her mom, my friend Laura, is from.