Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Sling - Finally

Today I finally can cross off the last item on the "To Do Before Baby Comes" list.  *ahem*  Yes, I do realize Teddy is 11.5 months old.

I made her a book sling using this tutorial.  Honestly, the tutorial is a little confusing.  It's easy to sew, but I was a little confused as to which way the fabric was suppose to go.  I think a few more pictures would help it.  (I'm also tired because of a little guy who woke up early with a runny nose, so it could be that.) Either way, it was super-easy and I'm a little embarrassed it took this long.  I also sewed the bunting this week so all that's left is some more artwork on the wall and her room will be finished.  I'll make a full post on her room when that happens.  Don't hold your breath...

Anyway, Tillie LOVES it.  As we were putting it up she said, "Oh, that's my new LIBRARY!?"  After I loaded it up with books she got busy with a piece of paper and a marker and I heard her say, "I'm a library girl." (Nevermind that she has a bookshelf below her night stand and books with book ends on top of her dresser.  Now that I added a book sling and put 4 books in it she has a library.)

Teddy is also a fan.  He adores playing on Tillie bed and thinks this is a great addition.

As I was sitting on the bed with Teddy I asked Tillie if she knew where Teddy's blanket was.  She turned around and replied, "It's here on the floor in my library."

2 comments:

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Looks great! I was going to make one of these for my kids but could not find the hardware. Where did you find the brackets?

Amber said...

We got them at Lowe's in the curtain section. There were a couple of finishes to choose from.