Monday, September 3, 2012

11 Months

Only one more month until his birthday!  It's kind of interesting, when Tillie was this age I couldn't believe how old she was.  Teddy still seems like such a baby to me.

Sleep:  He now is sleeping through the night!  Hooray!  Tillie started sleeping through the night around 10 months.  It just took Ted a little longer to get with the program.  He goes to bed around 7:30p and wakes up around 7am.  We try to get him in bed by 7pm, but we're usually too busy doing things to have him ready by that time.  He still takes two naps a day around 9am and 2pm.  They're each an hour long.

Tillie gets about the same amount of sleep in one day as he does.  I suspect they'll both give up naps altogether at the same time.  Hopefully that is a LONG way down the road.

Size:  He's still a peanut!  He can comfortably wear 6-9m clothes(like the bodysuit in the above picture) and 6-12m still gives him plenty of room to grown.  His feet are still fitting in his 0-6 shoes, but I'm hopeful that he'll be able to wear 6-12m shoes with socks this fall.  He has some adorable size 4 shoes, so his feet need to grow.  Well, all of him needs to grow.  His Christmas outfits are size 12-18m.

Food:  He's on all table food now.  Once and a while he'll let me feed him applesauce, but what he really wants is anything that's on my plate.  He starts screeching the moment he sees my toast every morning.  His favorites are blueberries, raspberries, pop-tarts, yogurt melts, grilled cheese and raisins.  I'm still breastfeeding, but the frequency has gone down a lot.  He'll drink water or regular milk out of a sippy/straw cup at meals.  (Which reminds me:  I guess I need to start buying whole milk for him.  Hmm.)

Movement:  Teddy scoots all over the house.  He pulls himself up to his knees at chairs, bookshelves, the crib and anywhere he wants to reach something up high.  He can climb over things while "scooting" now too. He doesn't so too much interest in walking, but he thinks its awesome when I stand him up in the crib.

Play:  Teddy likes playing with blocks and can stack two on top of each other.  He always tries for a 3rd, but the result is a crashing tower.  He of course thinks this is hilarious.  One of his favorite things to do is play on Tillie's bed.  He snuggles with blankets, rolls around and dive bombs the mattress.  I think he would adore a bounce house.  He pages through books everyday(something Tillie wasn't interested in at this age) and dances any time he hears music.  Ted likes to play peek-a-boo with his blankie.  It started at Camp, but in the last few weeks he's really formed an attachment with his Aden + Anais swaddle blankets.  It's nice because I have a bunch of them so there's always a new one for him when I have to wash them.  Which is often.  He's a messy kid!  (Tillie's a neat freak.)

Communication:  He says Mama, Dada and done(dah).  He also does the sign for done.  Tillie thinks this is awesome.  He also says "yesh" for yes, but I haven't decided it if he really means it or not.  If he wants something you have he'll started screeching until you give it to him.  He'll wave goodbye and will sometimes give me a kiss if I ask him too.

No comments: