Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Setting Up a Photograph

I found Teddy an adorable red and white striped one-piece for a great price at Gap last week.  I knew immediately that I wanted pictures at the beach in it.

I looked through all of Tillie's clothes looking for the perfect outfit for her to wear with him.  Nothing seemed right.  Then I remembered a vintage dress I had bought for her when she was one.  It was size 12-18 months, but ran really wide.  After a quick trip to the attic to find the appropriate bin and last year's denim bermuda shorts I had the perfect outfit.

I also had Philip's super-sweet camera.  I didn't really have it on the right settings, but I'm still happy with what I ended up with.  I brought an estate sale baby blanket(my favorite photo prop), our new red pail from the Land of Nod outlet, and two shovels.  Tim and I threw the two kids on the blanket and started shooting.


I mean, really.  Does it get much better than this?

I'm guessing it does, because this is what Tillie was doing the entire time we were on the beach.
Photographs can be deceiving.

No comments: