Friday, February 3, 2012

4 Months


Happy 4 months little man!  Let's celebrate by taking consistent naps, okay?

So, sleep.  Apparently it's Teddy's nemesis.  Tillie was a crappy napper until 3.5months, so in my head I ind of figured Teddy would fall into a routine around that time too.  Nah.  This kids likes to drive me crazy.  He typically goes to be around 9:30-10:30p and sleeps until 6:15-7:45a.  That's pretty swell.  But, since the 4 month sleep regression is bound to be right around the corner I'm sure that's about to change.  With Tillie I remember trying the wake-up, eat, play and sleep(2hrs after wake-up) pattern.  It worked well.  Teddy kind of does that, but there are still times where he will only sleep on my lap.  Usually his naps during the day are around 30 minutes long.  About once or twice a week he'll take a nap over and hour.  I think he's gotten better in the last week, but I'm still going crazy.  I just want him to sleep -- in. his. bed. -- on a semi-consistent pattern.  Apparently that is too much to ask.

Food.  Ah, looking back the 3-4 month time frame wasn't the easiest.  Teddy now refuses to eat from a bottle.  And yes, we've tried everything.  When I'm gone at work for 5-6 hours during the day he just doesn't eat.  Luckily I don't work that much, but it kills me when I'm there knowing he's at home waiting for me to eat.  Because of that, we're staring solid food this month. I was going to wait until 5 months, but I'm hoping he'll do okay with this so he eats something when I'm gone at work.  Tillie started solids just a little after 4 months so I'm confident he'll do fine.

Size.  He's still wearing some 0-3month clothes.  I have a few 3-6month things I put on him, but most of them are too big yet.  He's kind of in between sizes.  He is outgrowing most of his 0-3m socks. Diapers are still size 2. I've weighed him on our scale this week and he's around 14lbs.  His 4 month check-up is on Monday; check back for the the official stats.

1 comment:

Cohrs Compilations said...

I thought he'd weigh more! You can tell he's filled out in his pics. You've tried warming the bottle, right? I was amazed how much that mattered when we had to get Logan to take one. He learned the bottle on the Breastflow brand bottle by just one year. He took one at a month and a half so I thought he'd be fine at 3 months when we started getting ready for me to go back to work. Then, he had to learn all over again.