Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's worth a try...

Today I am 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  The day that Tillie was born, 38 weeks and 4 days, I made a blog post about looking for a changing table for her at some garage sales.  (Of course, at that point I was pretty sure my water had broken and I was just trying to throw people off because having people know I'm in the hospital giving birth irrationally creeps me out.)

So, here's another blog post about furniture for Tillie's room.  When I posted about wondering what to do for a dresser in Tillie's room our friend Angela came to the rescue.  She gave us two cute white dressers that she didn't need anymore.  I found cute pink knobs at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each, but I bought them when all knobs, hooks and drawer pulls were 50% off.  Here's a picture of the  shorter of the two dressers.  (Side note, the gold knobs that were on the dressers are really nice, heavy knobs.  If anyone needs 19 of them let me know!  They're currently being stored in my garage.)
The blue is all all up in Tillie's new room and my mom is going to work on painting the trim white later this week.  It's all coming together.  I just really need to paint a couple more coats on her red bed...  She might start out just sleeping on a mattress on the floor.  That's better for a transition anyway, right?

1 comment:

Cohrs Compilations said...

My sister in law started her daughter out on a mattress on the floor and it worked well. It seemed harsh but, they don't fall far if they fall and can get in really well.