Monday, August 8, 2011

An Update on Tillie's New Room

New developments have been made!  Last week my mom and Kiz went to Birch Run.  While there, they thoughtfully checked out the Pottery Barn Outlet for me.  Thankfully, every bedding collection has it's own name there.  It was super-easy for me to look up what they found to see pictures online.  They brought me Tillie back the Julianne Quilt.

It's not what I had originally planned, but I love it.  I think having some extra colors in there will help me to decorate easier and not get too trapped in the light blue, red, pink and white combo.  (Tim was slightly worried that it would look to patriotic, so he likes the bedding too.)  Tillie likes it because it has yellow, which is her favorite color this week.

Since I have the fabric, bedding and wall art picked out today was color picking day!  Tillie and I stopped at Seven's and grabbed every light blue and red paint chip that Benjamin Moore has.  These are the two colors that Tim and I picked out.  The colors never really look the same on the computer screen, but I'm posting them anyway.

Wall Color - Morning Glory 785

Bed and Frame Color - Ruby Red 2001-10

Now I just need to figure out what to do about a dresser(well, and sheets).  I need something inexpensive and cute.  Or, she might not need one at all.  I probably can fit all her clothes in the closet, but having a dresser would look nice in her room.  I've considered a white "cube shelf" from Target, but I feel like it might be a little too modern.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Amber - if you are interested, I have a couple of simple wooden dressers (painted white) that I had in my room growing up. You would be welcome to take one (or both). Let me know if you are interested, I will send you pictures.

Angela