Friday, April 8, 2011

Dyeing

A few weeks ago I popped in a couple thrift stores looking for jeans for Tillie.  I didn't find any jeans (but did get a loan from a friend!), but found this simple white sundress for 99¢.

Now, Tillie doesn't really need any more dresses for this summer.  I planned on getting some knit play dresses at garage sales for hot summer days, but that's it.  For some reason, I just can't picture Tillie wearing this as a play dress at camp turning out well.  After I washed it I also noticed a small stain on the back that I couldn't get out.
So, I decided it was time I tried out a new crafty endeavor - dyeing.
I picked Tulip Red because I figured if it didn't turn out red, it'd still be pink.  Also, I'm a sucker for tulips.

The dress is currently sitting in the dye, along with two Carter's bodysuits.  I had them on hand and I might as well throw something else in there while I had everything out.  The package suggest letting them soak for 1 hour, but I'm leaving them in a little longer because I don't think it will hurt them and will only help the color.

The most random thing?  The dress is from Dharma Trading Company, which I discovered today sells items specifically for dyeing!  Now I have my eye on a few other styles.  I'm pretty sure Tillie needs the pinafore dress.

Check back tomorrow for an update!

No comments: