Friday, April 8, 2011

Dyeing Update

After soaking for 4 hours I was excited to see what would come out.  They seemed blotchy, but I thought maybe after the rinse and wash they would be more even.  No such luck.  They also turned out a little more 'hot pink' than 'tulip red'.

I do like how the snaps are still white.  I was hoping that by choosing red for the bodysuits it would be good for a boy or girl.  These are a little pink for my taste on a boy.  Tillie and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby for more dye and I'm repeating the process to make them hopefully darker and more even.

1 comment:

Laura Ingalls wannabe said...

I learned some great tips for dying cloth from this thread on diaperswappers: