Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not a great day

I got up this morning to a phone call that my Grandpa had died in the night.  He had been suffering from emphysema for a number of years and had been not doing very well recently, so it wasn't a total shock.  Although yesterday my mom called at night and told me that he had a pretty good day.  I'm happy for him that he's no longer suffering and enjoying heaven, but he's my last Grandpa.

Tillie woke up at 5:30 this morning and didn't go back to sleep.  Thankfully she let me stay in bed until 7:30.  She and I share a horrible cold.  It is nice that she's in a snugly mood.  She started her afternoon nap at 10:30a.  I hope she sleeps a long time and feels a little better when she wakes up.

Since Tillie took a nap early and it's so snowy, I decided to stay home today.  I'm not in the mood to clean or do laundry so I thought I'd sew.  Yeah, that didn't work out so well.  I finally figured out how to attach the double ruffle to the pants I was making Tillie.  I got one leg all done and I realized I serged the ruffles on the wrong side out.  *sigh*  I tried to unstitch it all, but serging makes a secure stitch.  I cut it off and now and going to do a single ruffle because I'm out of fabric for a double.

Please pray for my family this week.

4 comments:

Amy Melissa said...

Amber - So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'll certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hope you and Tillie start feeling better soon!

CMC said...

I'm so sorry Amber :( I'll be praying for your family.

Hope said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Amber. I'm glad his last day was a good one.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. :-( Love to you and your family.