Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review

It all began in 2003, continued in 2004, still was cool in 2005, 2006, 2007, apparently uncool in 2008, reappeared in 2009 and is back again this year!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I painted a house.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you add children to their families?
Cara and Jeff - Cole David
Lucas and Faith - Reuben David
Aaron and Lynnae - Annika Mae
Laura and Toby - Mabel Rose
Gary and Shanda - Penelope Joyce
Tim and Laura - Kathryn Grace and Nolan Andrew

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Tim's Grandma

5. What countries did you visit?
None.  *sigh*

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A bigger house, but that's not likely to happen.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
 Probably just Tillie's first birthday - May 7.  It's been a pretty good year, but nothing extravagant happened.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I started sewing Tillie clothes and not just applique.  I read
64 books. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't like to think about failing...hopefully there was nothing too bad.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a couple colds, nothing remarkable.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our 2006 Toyota Sienna.  I love that thing.  I've already driven it to Chicago twice and Holland countless times, not to mention weekly trips to Target.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Weddings! - Brian and Sam, Tom and Emily

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This is one of my least favorite questions.  Even if I was appalled about someone, I wouldn't post it here.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Target and Meijer.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Chicago trips, seeing Tillie at Christmas, ArtPrize, meeting Mabel and the Matilda Jane sale.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Ke$ha - Love is your Drug 
Tillie loved that music video.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Probably a little fatter.  *sigh*
iii. richer or poorer? Probably a little poorer. *sigh*

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Cleaning and organizing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Going out to eat when it' s just me and Tillie.  We've been better that last month!

20. How will you be spending this New Years Eve?
A quiet night at home.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Not really with anyone new. ;)
 
23. How many one-night stands?
None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Mad Men.
Community, Raising Hope, Glee

 
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't really hate anyone.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Help by Katharyn Stockett

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I wouldn't say great, but we like to rock out to Ke$ha over here.  I'm not sure why, but Tillie just loves her.

28. What did you want and get?
A serger and a mini-van.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Tangled and Toy Story 3.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 in September.  I think we went out for dinner, but I honestly don't remember.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My mom's surgery happening sooner or the trigeminal neuralgia going away on it's own.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Lame.  I'm totally slacking on this.  Tillie is dressed to the nines everyday and I just throw something on.

34. What kept you sane?
Tim

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don Draper, even though he's a tool.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I really should pay more attention to political issues.


37. Who did you miss?
Dillon, Robin, Maria, Linds and Mags

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't know that I met many new people this year...?

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Just because it's on sale it doesn't mean you have to buy it.
 
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
You are the best thing that's ever been mine. - Taylor Swift


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the annual Year in Review! :) Firstly, I LOVE that photo of you and Tillie. You look gorgeous.
Secondly, re: question 17, I think the 'happier' definitely cancels out the poorer and fatter. :)

Hope said...

I'm so glad you still do this. I love reading them--I wish more people did them. I still do it every year too, although with the demise of Xanga I don't make it public anymore. That picture of you and Tillie really is great. Was it professional?

Toby and Laura said...

"Just because it's on sale it doesn't mean you have to buy it" is a big lesson I'm learning too...

Amber said...

That was one of the pictures from when Daniel Pesta took our pictures in September.