Friday, December 3, 2010

It's that time again. (Trigeminal Neuralgia)

It seems to have become a family tradition that my mom has surgery in December.  Her Trigeminal Neuralgia is ridiculously bad again.  The Motor Cortex Stimulator that my mom had place last year didn't really work at all.  The last few weeks have been really bad for my mom so they had a doctor's appointment in Chicago on Monday.  (Randomly, it was the same day I took Maria to Midway.)

There's a new MRI (in the last two months) with better imaging.  The doctor is confident that with this new technology he could preform the MicroVascular Decompression surgery with good results.  This is the first surgery my mom had (I think in GR) and didn't offer much relief then but it was around (3?) year ago.

But, to have the MRI, my mom has to have the Motor Cortex Stimulator removed.  She's going to have surgery on the 7th to remove that and then MicroVascular Decompression on Friday.  Kizie will be staying with me and a friend's house.

Please pray that everything goes well and this actually works.

2 comments:

Toby and Laura said...

Lots of prayers for your whole family, especially Lynn!

Anonymous said...

Prayers and thoughts to your mother during her surgery and that this surgery will give your mother some relief.