Monday, March 29, 2010

Lazy Days Skirt.

Since my bloomers didn't pan out how I had planned. I decided to make Tillie a skirt.  Oliver and S offers a free pattern online, so I decided to try it.

I think it turned out pretty cute and it was super-easy.


I think I'll use the same idea when I'm making Kizie's Dutch costume.  Yeah, I don't know how that's going to turn out either...

Sewing friends(especially in the Grand Rapids area), I have a request.  I'd love to make Tillie something to match her Urban Baby Bonnet.
But, I can't find the fabric anywhere locally.  (Or online from the same vendor.)

The polka dot birds is from Tina Given's 'Fairy Tip Toes' line and the item number is TG-66 Pink.  (It's on the Smith Owen website, but when I went there they didn't have it.)

The other is from Amy Butler's 'Lotus - Tea Box' line.  Its item number is AB-20 and is called Pink/Temple Garden.  You'd think this could be found at Field's, but they seem to have every Amy Butler fabric but that one.

I'm also looking for a reversible popover pinafore pattern, like this one.  I'm not opposed to buying one online, but I'd love to buy it locally.  If anyone has any ideas or sources, please let me know!

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

I have tons of pinafore patterns... we should arrange a meet-up.