Friday, December 5, 2008

Sometimes, customers are great.

Yesterday I was ringing a woman up when she looked at my outfit and said, "Oh! I bought my daughter that tank top this summer. I should tell her to wear it now with a cardigan like you are."

That made me feel great because sometimes I feel like I'm just wearing clothes to cover up lately, not to be fashionable. Maternity clothes are too large, and J. Crew shirts fit, but I definitely have a belly. It's my new favorite outfit.

Then, I was talking to another customer about some jewelry she was buying. In the middle of a sentence she stopped and said, "When did that happen? I looked at her with a confused expression. "I was here two weeks ago and you helped me and you were this tiny! [She held her hands to show a waist about as big as barbie] And now, you're all cute and pregnant!"

Best. Customer. Ever.

No comments: