Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Little Sister's Homecoming Outfit

We have her outfit set!  The first piece I bought was the Peter Rabbit for babyGap hat.  I thought it would be perfect for a baby due around Easter.  (And, okay, I bought it before I was pregnant "just in case".  I just really loved it and found it on clearance for pretty cheap.  The timing just worked out perfectly to be a homecoming hat.)  Since this winter is never ending I suspect that even the second half of April will be pretty chilly, so I found the coordinating Peter Rabbit jacket and pants on eBay.  None of the bodysuits from that line wowed me.  Yesterday at Gap I found this newborn bodysuit for super-cheap.  The socks were on sale too, but since they're 0-3m I'm sure they'll be too big.  Oh well, they match so she's wearing them.  Tillie asked me why it said "hello"(Um, since when can my 4 year old read cursive?) and I told her it was because the baby would be new to meeting everyone and would want to say hello.  She thought that was hilarious!  The Petunia Pickle Bottom blanket was a shower gift when I had Tillie.  I like the idea of her using something that both of her siblings had used since we had to get a new car seat.  If there's a random heat wave(Ha!) I have an Aden + Anais blanket for her. (p.s. I bought it from Amazon as an "open box" for a lot less than that!)

My favorite part is that with the bodysuit, it ties the coral/orange in Tillie and Ted's Carter's big sibling shirts together.  Look how well my kiddos will match.

Having her homecoming outfit ready makes me even more excited for her arrival.  At 32 weeks it's not quite time to start washing clothes and packing the hospital bags yet.  Maybe the end of this month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is precious, you put such thought into that little coming home outfit! She is going to be a fashionable little lady. I would love to send you a new, handmade baby girl hat. Let me know if you would like one to add to her wardrobe.