Monday, November 18, 2013

17 Weeks

So, I've definitely been more tired this pregnancy than the last two.  Everyone Tim and I saw that to attribute it to me having to "run after two kids now", but we really don't think that's the case.  When I was pregnant with Tillie I was working 40 hours a week at a job where I had to walk, a lot.  I had to work an overnight shift at least once a month.  When I was pregnant with Teddy I was working at school in the mornings.  Not a lot of rest there!  At 6 and 7 months we were living at Camp where the walking never ends.  Really, I'm A LOT more lazy now.  My house is small and if I sit here the kids just roam and play throughout the house and I can hear/see them.  I mean, I'm older, but 32 isn't really that old.  Is it?  I certainly don't feel old.

Over the last couple weeks I've thought that maybe I've felt the baby move, but it's so inconsistent that it's hard to tell if it's a gas bubble or a muscle spasm or something else.  Just the last day or two I'm pretty confident that I can feel actual movement.  It's always reassuring.

I've totally transitioned all my pants to maternity pants at this point.  Well, except yoga pants.  I have one pair of mediums that still fit just fine.  The only problem is that they're cropped.  I haven't found any maternity yoga pants in long that are cheap, so for now I'm just dealing with cold ankles.  I have a (small) handful of new maternity shirts that fit, but most of them from Tillie and Teddy are still too big, or I'm just not fond of how they fit anymore.  Regular tanks with cardigans is the way to go!  Or, tunics with maternity leggings.

Comparisons!

2 comments:

Hope said...

First thing I think now when I hear unexplained tiredness or not being refreshed after rest is being low in on some vitamin or mineral. My doctor recently told me that you can have a deficiency even if you are taking the RDA, because the amount in a daily vitamin won't boost you back up to normal if you're low. (In my case, it was vitamin D.) That can be detected easily in a blood panel at your doctor's.

Amber said...

That is an extremely good thought that I mentioned to Tim a bit ago, but then completely forgot about. Thank you!