Saturday, August 31, 2013

Matchy-Matchy

Two and a half years ago I made Tillie a size 2t tulip popover pinafore.  (Oy.  What was I thinking with those mullet pigtails!??!)


  This spring I decided her doll Aggie needed some clothes that fit her.  She wears Ikea doll clothes usually, but they really all are too big.  I found this popover style doll pattern and realized I still had enough tulip fabric left to make one.  I quickly sewed it up, waiting for me to buy some hook and loop.  Today Tillie wanted to take Aggie to the park and I remembered the work in progress.  I had bought some Velcro, but I couldn't find it.  Instead I did buttonholes and buttons.  I hate sewing buttons.  Buttonholes are kind of fun!

Also thankfully my girl is slim and popovers are forgiving -- she can still wear the 2t!  I also made Aggie a coordinating diaper, but you can't see it in the pictures.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get a picture of that and add it in here.

2 comments:

Hope said...

That's fun! Tillie looks so much like you in that second picture.

Amber said...

It's funny you said that because I thought she looked like Philip. :)