Sunday, October 7, 2012

Goodbye Range

Tomorrow a shiny new stainless steel Whirlpool range is going to be delivered to my house.  Happy Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas!

I felt like we should give the old range, with its timer that goes off randomly, burners that usually light(but not all the time) and oven that gets a little too hot a send off. (Okay, it was also cold and I didn't want to turn on the heat yet.) We didn't have much in the house for baking, but I pulled out the Better Homes and Garden cookbook and realized we had all the ingredients for oatmeal raisin cookies.

After making them I realized there's a recipe on the back of the raisins that looks better, but these weren't too bad.  Tillie didn't love them.  At least she had fun adding the ingredients for me!

Teddy, however, was a fan.  I couldn't even get a picture before he got the whole thing in his mouth.


And, here she is.  Goodbye old range!


2 comments:

Cohrs Compilations said...

Cute pic idea!

Amber said...

There's a picture of me when I was little like this. :)