Thursday, May 3, 2012

7 Months

Honestly, I almost forgot to take Teddy's picture today.  For some reason I had it in my head that he turned 7 months after Tillie's birthday.  Nope, it's today.

Movement: He can sit and he loves it.  I'll put a pile of toys next to him and he happily sits and plays next to Tillie.  He also tries to steal her toys.  Then she yells at him.  He can roll, but it's not his favorite so he doesn't do it often.

Sleep:  We've finally turned a corner on this.  After spring break we put him in his own room to sleep(still in the Rock n Play Sleeper) and he wakes up 1-3 times a night.  Usually 2, but it's getting closer to just once now in the last week.  Thankfully that once is typically before midnight, so I'm starting to feel like I'm getting enough sleep.  He doesn't seem to need as many naps as Tillie did.  He usually takes one morning nap, often this occurs while we're running errands.  It's usually 30-45 minutes long.  He takes a longer nap in the afternoon when Tillie does.  It's usually 1.5-2.5 hours long.  Then he might fall asleep for 5-10 minutes while he's eating in the late afternoon.  Sometimes he's awake from 3p to 8pm.  That's just crazy to me.

Food:  He loves food.  His favorite baby food is apples(or pears) with cinnamon and oatmeal.  I don't blame him, it smells like apple crisp.  He also loves feeding himself baby puffs and baby mum mums.  He tries to steal anything I'm eating.  So, he's also had bread, angel food cake, veggie straws, part of a raspberry, a noodle and some shredded cheese.

Size: I weighed him on our scale at home and it said 17lbs.  He's still in 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diapers.  I sometimes put size 3 diapers on at night.  He's a small guy -- all of his weight is in his cheeks!


2 comments:

Laura Ingalls wannabe said...

I'm always glad when I see Teddy's monthly picture, because it reminds me to do James'. How fortunate James made his appearance on the 3rd, too. :D

What a roly-poly, smiley little guy you've got!

Toby and Laura said...

I almost forgot that Mabel is 19 months today. Oops!