Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Good Afternoon

Yesterday I took my two kids on a wild goose chase to find a certain item I was looking for.  We stopped at two stores, one in Grandville and one on the East Beltline.  We didn't find what I was looking for.  Since we were so close to Robinette's I asked Tillie if she wanted a doughnut.  "Yeah!"

We pulled into the parking lot and it was completely empty.  As it turns out, they're closed on Mondays.  I told her that they were closed, "Oh."  I felt bad that I promised her something fun, and didn't come through on it.  I quickly racked my brain for something that would be just as good as a doughnut.  "Do you want to go to the Gardens?"  She nodded her head.

They were in the process of taking down all the Christmas trees, so while there was a lot of volunteers there, there weren't many guests.  Teddy was happy to look around from his stroller and Tillie listened to me and didn't touch things she wasn't suppose to.

I found a bench and let Tillie spin in circles while I fed Teddy.  It was a delightful hour just hanging out at the Gardens with my two happy kids.

I'll just pretend I came home to a clean house and not this.  And that Teddy took a nap instead of being woken up just as we got home because Tillie was yelling about not wanting to hold her sunglasses.  My kids are more well behaved when we're not home.  I wish it was always delightful at home too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that last pic, TOTALLY what our living room looks like on a daily basis. It's truly amazing how fast it can go from clean to chaos ;-)