Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Useful Tip

When I was pregnant a friend told me a great tip about crib bedding.  When you're making the bed, place a mattress pad cover one, then cover it with the sheet.  That's not the tip.  The tip is to repeat that step with another waterproof pad and another crib sheet. (And possibly repeat one more time.) That way when your child wakes you up in the middle of the night with spit-up/leaky diaper/vomit/diaper blowout you just peel away the top two layers and the bed is ready for sleeping again.  Also, you don't have to find a place to store your extra bedding.

I've been doing this since Tillie was born, but I've never actually "used" it until last night.  Little Tillie woke us up at 3am after throwing up.  I can now honestly attest to the fact that having another sheet already ready to go is awesome.

2 comments:

e Daly said...

That's awesome!!! I will be doing that to Rory's bed today.

Hope said...

That makes a lot of sense.