Monday, October 25, 2010

Current Words and Signs - 17.5 months.

As you can see in the post below, Tillie's a chattery little thing. She doesn't use many real words though.

Mama - Usually only when she's crying. Thanks Til.
Dada - Usually right when he gets home from work.
Go - Sometimes when I ask if she wants to go away.
Uh-Oh - Any time she drops something. Or when the final song of a Baby Signing Time DVD starts.
Eat - Only when I'm singing, "It's time to eat, e-eat, what a treat..." She'll follow with the "eat, eat!"
Yes/Yesh/Yeah -Sometimes when I ask her if she wants to do something.

I think that's all.  Tim might e-mail me something I've missed and I'll add them.

She has some signs that she uses with a lot more meaning than most of her words.  (Except Uh-Oh, she's got that one down pat.)

Milk - One of the first signs I see every morning.  She'll do this one without me bringing it up.
More - Usually only if I ask if she wants more.  Rarely because she just wants more.
All Done - Usually only if I ask her if she's done.
Dog - Any and every time she sees or hears a dog.  Unless it's Robin's chihuahua Logan.  She doesn't think Logan is a dog.
Wind - She love pointing out the wind.
Hat - She just started using this one consistently this weekend.  She brings Tim his hat and then signs it when he puts it on.
Eat - She only does this one if I ask her if she wants to eat.

Again, Tim might add more if I've forgotten some.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw. :) I'm glad she's doing well with the signing. Wind- that's a neat one.
And I laughed when I read the part about her not considering the chihuahua a dog. :D